Monday, September 12, 2005

My Grandma --- Monday September 12, 2005


My Grandma died in the late 70's almost 2 years to the day that my Grandad died she said that she wouldn't last long without him they were soul mates.
She went back to England for a visit that year and never got her return trip , she got a blood clot from the plane and died 2 days later, she was warned by the doctor "you are over weight, you smoke don't go on the plane" but my Grandma being my Grandma she had to do the opposite of what anyone told her to do, she wanted to go to England and that was it , she was going!

My Grandma taught me naughty songs and how to cut out paper dolls and make trees from paper she also taught me how to play poker (with match sticks)...is there any other way?

I think I get my silly humour from her. I loved staying with her she had a TV set but it was hardly ever on we had so much fun . I would help her cook , she never used a recipe book, I'm the same ,just throw stuff in I specialize in sock stew (everything in it but the sock lol). I dont smoke while I'm cooking though , Granma did ....... bits of ash in ya soup anyone?

My Grandma was funny, round (5 ft and 90ks), never had her teeth in except at Xmas and weddings .

My daughter is so much like her , gives you the exact same look just like that one. I named my daughter after her great Grandma I knew when she was born that they would be the same and they are except my 15 yr old daughter has all her own teeth thats her in the top pic, I don't normally put pics of my kids anywhere on the net but that's from 2 years ago and you can't really see her face.

Posted on 360 on Monday September 12, 2005 - 07:45pm (EST)

2 comments:

josie2shoes said...

This was a warm-fuzzy post, Missy. It's obvious to see how much you loved your grandma, and she taught you all kinds of neat things and made great memories, much like mine did. Reading this made me remember too. How cool that your daughter exhibits so much of her personality!

Missy A said...

Still got a few to go, found the whole series of "family" posts

and yeah she is almost tooooo much like her

Tag cloud