Friday, September 9, 2005

My Mum Friday September 9, 2005

My Mum
My Mother

My mum is in her late 70's,she still has black hair(i think it's helped a little) with a bit of grey in in it,she has always been highly intelligent even as a child she got into a bit of trouble at school for knowing more than the teachers did and even though she was in pain from terrible ear infections that at that time couldn't be cured by antibiotics she coped with teachers accusing her of cheating on tests

My mother had her ear operated on and the source of the infection removed so now is totally deaf in one ear ,that didn't stop her though she lived though WW2 ,survived being hit by a car,falling down a flight of stairs, she has even broken her leg twice

My mother has been using computers for years (she started on a 286 with dos)to write,and to compose newsletters for various organizations,her typing speed has fallen a bit over the years but that doesn't mean that her actual content hasn't. Funny thing though my mother has only just discovered Blogs and I've been helping her set up her 360 ,it would be easier if I was actually there ,trying to help her in an IM box from 1000ks away is difficult but we getting there



NOTE: my mum is my mum always be my mum even though she does have a real name lol

Friday September 9, 2005 - 11:54am (EST)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

What a great post----your mom sounds wonderful. She has been through alot. Isn't it great to be friends as well as mother/daughter?

Missy A said...

Friends with my mum??
LoL no she forgets who I am now
We have never been really close anyway so its not much of a problem
My problem with my mother is she thinks she is still as intelligent as she was which of course now with the alchimers her brain isn't as good as it was

josie2shoes said...

I am really enjoying these posts about your family, Missy! You mom sounds wonderful! I so admire people who aren't totally intimidated by new things, and are open to learning at any age. My daughter has pretty much dragged me into the computer age, but I am grateful for it... it's brought the world, and the blessing of friendships, to my living room! I suspect that your mom's intelligence was passed on to her daughters - it's obvious! :-)

Missy A said...

Got one more to go "My Kids"
I cheated they are all re-posts and I did them all on the same day saved as draft and I'm posting one per day.
Thats why they are badly written some of them ...very old posts before I started writing on Word and using a spulll chucka

Tag cloud