Monday, August 6, 2007

The way I am

This is the way that I am if you don’t like it, say so to my face

I will do the same for you

I will tell you straight up if you are wrong

I will tell you straight out what I think of you

What I feel what I’m thinking

I will tell you

I’m not a yapper my face constantly flapping saying nothing

When I say something I’ve thought about it before hand

I don’t expect everyone to like me

If you can get over my ways and sometimes I come across as being bitchy

Maybe sometimes downright nasty

If you can get over that you will find I am a really nice person

Ask the few who do know me, really know me

They will tell you I go out of my way to help anyone who needs it

The truthful honest people who really do need help I will help them

But not the ones who don’t need help who only need attention that’s not what I do

There are others who can do that not me

That’s not what I do

You don’t like me, that’s fine but it’s also too bad as I won’t be helping you out anytime soon when and if you need help

This is me I don’t want to be your bestest buddy

I’ll make you smile maybe laugh, help you when and if you need it

I won’t ask you for anything in return.
And don’t expect it either

Don’t care if you totally ignore me had that all my life its nothing to me

Don’t care if you don’t like me

I’m myself by myself that’s just me

3 comments:

josie2shoes said...

A powerful statement, Missy... I like it! We are who we are, and we don't have to change to please anyone but ourselves!

Barb said...

Straight up - say it like it is1

g said...

Like what Dr. Seuss said, "Those who mind do not matter, and those who matter do not mind."

Tag cloud