Saturday, April 25, 2009

How to get more followers on twitter by being yourself

I'm confused
Yes always a little confused that's me, no seriously though I'm confused
I'm not that good or fantastic or terrific I am just ME
Not Oprah or some fancy blog journalist/expert I am just me
I do what I do, what I've always done write what I've always written and for some reason a lot of people like it, no idea why
haven't had a Twitter for very long , only really started using it in the last month or so yet I'm ranking high 91/100 no idea how, no idea why
I just don't get it I've now got 129 followers just today 15 #followfriday mentions
Averaging around 10 - 12 new followers a DAY

Yes I will follow back most Australians because I am one, yes I try to converse with people some I'm not sure of yet and they aren't sure of me we have yet to get to know each other and as I'm a bit shy ..paranoid.. non outgoing I'll just feel them for a bit ... not that way you dirty minded people gee


Who needs a fancy programme? I don't seem to need one anyway you know why because I'm myself
I'm not trying, ok sometimes I can be a little trying with the bad jokes ..what do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back? ..... a stick!

All I am is myself that's all I can be, no persona nothing special just myself and I'm getting followed...
You can do it as well, question is can you ?

Don't try so dang hard, don't try to be funny, don't say you are funny in your bio either most who say they are funny aren't @rove1974 is funny but it doesn't say so in his bio and he's like the most popular comedy/talk show TV show host in Australia
He doesn't try ..he just is and apparently is shorter in RL
Same goes for those who say expert of ____ in their bio, yes and I'm an expert of sarcasm too doesn't mean I put sarcasm expert as there are plenty a lot better at it than I am
Have a little humility please, unless you do happen to have a Twitter rank of 100/100 you aren't a twitter/blogging/internet marketing expert , you are just a drip under pressure (spurt)

So how do you get more followers ?
You be YOU , just like me I'm me like me or hate me (no don't hate me I'm nice really)
Be YOU and you'll get them what's that quote from Field of Dreams "build it and they will come"
That's what you do be yourself !

Course if being yourself is sitting there and waiting for folks to come to you well forget it sorry , don't be scared get out there get tweeting we wont bite, well ok maybe the #zombie league will but not much, you won't get anyone to like you or know you by sitting on your hands, use them instead see the bumpy thing with letters on it the keyboard ...use it, use it to be YOU!
And the followers will flood in, I'm serious ok you don't believe me ok then sit there do nothing except auto follow 1000 a day, see how many follow you back they wont you know if you are a hand sitter

I've talked enough, it's 4.30AM because as per the name of this blog I was fleekin interrupted while writing this, anyway you can take notes you can RT this I don't mind .....

Missy Angel
(missingbits)
Tired but no longer so confused

No comments:

Tag cloud