Saturday, July 28, 2007

previous post was the last one

The last one in a series that is, all older posts from 360 put them all in on the same day and saved as draft and I've been going into each one and changing the date so they post on different days.

For those of you who visit here from 360 stick this place into your RSS feed reader there are a few choices on the left hand side there and I know some have already done it as I've got 7 readers .... I know you are there you can't hide

If you want to join me on any space you can, links to the other places I'm on are on the left.
I'll add basically anyone on MySpace who writes blogs but not non-writers.
Same as Imeem or Facebook but obviously it don't matter if you don't write on those as neither of those are real blogging spots I'll add anyone on those as basically thats all you do on those. Spose I should upload more music to Imeem and I will when I have some.
You can even join Warped if you want but I warn you its not for the faint hearted and if you aren't sure on forums it may not be for you.
Think I have them all on the left there now ... flipping hope so anyway.

You know I love Blogger though, I can sit here and write and theres no obligation for anyone to comment of course its nice when they do **hint hint to the 7 there** and there is no obligation for me to instantly rush off to theirs and comment back, not that I don't as I do but in my own time sometimes I'll mass comment on 10 at once just so I can get them in when I have the time
There is no friends list here and in a way thats the best thing about it apart from autosave which Blogger just did for me .
No friends list means theres no "he added her, she removed him, they have that person" kinda thing ..well hope not anyway.
No friends list means you don't have to visit everyone every single day and you won't get stroppy if they don't visit you
No friends list means you don't have to write for an audience of maybe 300 or more, you can write for yourself and no one else
No friends list means that you can leave your blog for months and you won't get removed for not blogging as theres isn't a friends list to remove you from.
If you don't want to talk to people who visit here you don't have to, you don't have to communicate in any other way than right here in the blog obviously you can if you want but you don't have to
All my blogger "friends" are on the side here they are all in my Google feed reader whoops some are on my reader and not on the side there have to fix that as there is nothing better for your blog than someone sticking your link on theirs ..its to do with search engines the more your link appears on other pages the more likely it is to be up top of a search ..I think so anyway
If thats not right or you want your name there tell me if you don't tell me I won't know.
The only one that doesn't work on my reader is Allissa's her blogger is private and invite only so her RSS feed don't work for me


Lets see now what did I write here? ...interrupted yet again
Oh yeah thats right finished with all the old posts now so can go back to actually writing again ........ I hope if I'm not interrupted again that is.


Oh spose you want to know an easy way to stick the smiley's in do you?
Go here on a new tab or window
Right click the smiley you want, copy the 'properties' for it
open html on the blog compose
type this < src= " "> and put the copied smiley properties link in between the " " 's
so you end up with this in the html code
< src="http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/6.gif"> or this
Easy peasy way easier than adding them via the picture link as blogger tends to give you as many images as there are frames in a gif image I've ended up with 10 static images instead of 1 single moving gif using the add image link on the blog editor
Oh you can add these as well The Smileys that site even gives you the code to use

5 comments:

josie2shoes said...

I love the "no friends list" factor of Blogger too, Missy. That stuff is just so childish! Who the hell cares who your friends are?! Trust me, you have more than seven readers... I always read your blog, but not thru a reader, I like to come and experience the full effect! I think it's those cool twinkling stars. :-) An hey, your password trick does work great! Saves my fingers tons of repetition.

Missy A said...

I right click and open in new window via the reader, can't comment from the feed so have to come to blog
The background is the same on my MySpace as well only here I've got a background behind the text, on MySpace the stars make the text hard to read sometimes.
Of course I did have the stars on 360 for a while but they don't move
I have a Star Trek theme for 360 but don't think it will work here, the same stars are in that.

Glad I could help :-D
Nothin worse than remembering the name and forgetting the pass or the other way around.
Now all I gotta figure out is remembering my pin for my eftpos card

Anonymous said...

I'll certainly have to check this blog site out in more detail when I get the chance. Many of the things you point out here have caught my interest.

WebbyJo said...

G'Day Miss :-)

I agree with you. Like we said somewhere else.. (MySpace?), here it is like you can just mumble away for yourself and if someone comments -- so much the better.

Reg. the «Friends List» in Y360°: I can't really pin-point what it IS -- maybe it had been a little better if they'd just called it CONTACTS. Perhaps it's just the word 'friends' that brings people to send out all this BS about how much they love you etc..

Missy A said...

Webby,
Contacts ... only one thing when I think of contact I think of the sticky paper.
Difficult to deal with if you happen to put it on something wrong and it tends to stick in all the wrong places

Yes CONTACTS LoL

Cheryl, there are a lot more people on Blogger than you realize a lot of peeps the 'older' peeps on 360 the 05'ers had a blogger before 360 some still use theirs I found Ernie's he's had his since 2001

Tag cloud