Thursday, October 18, 2007

sore finger a continum

so anyway I've just posted over on threesixty about its demise, closure, end, death ...what did they call it?? Transition yeah that's right transition more like "oh poo we F'ed up some people actually use this thing we had better do something, giving them a new toy called Mash wasn't enough"
Tell you what though it would have been one heck of a lot easier if we could transfer blogs over to Blogger, Multiply even **shock** MySpace at the push of a button NOW because I for one wasn't waiting for the inevitable Yahoo stuff up
"whoops sorry 999 error all your posts have gone forever" ..yes I know that rhymes
so does "Its not you it's Yahoo"
Its not my fault that on one Yahoo ID my 360 keeps popping back out to "invites from everyone" or on another I can't edit Quick Comment settings, not my fault that mail arrives (alerts and 360 mail) a month late, not my fault that 360 eats posts and not my fault that Yahoo left 360 to rot for a year so totally not my problem

It does sadden me though that my group that I've spent a year growing is now almost useless unless I can get members from "other" blog places in it, it saddens me that a fantastic Y Group with over 2000+ members made specially for 360 is now also useless I mean what do you do with a 360 group when there isn't a 360 anymore??

Ya know I could deactivate my Y ID's LoL that would grab em by the yballs I've got a few of em ya know ...just a few hundred!
Google has better search options, better RSS reader, Blogger is great to blog on.
Multiply is growing fast ...with X360 users!
MySpace has a great IM service and even has mobile phone stuff now
Freewebs is much easier to use than Geocities

Yahoo is all over it really is who knows what Yahoo have/has/had ... anyone know what Y Pipes is? It doesn't even show here but I found this ... think its RSS feeds ... I think who knows ...do Yahoo even know they have it????
Possibly not they totally forgot about 360 so maybe this Y Pipes is the same

4 comments:

Mike, Jacqui and Ieuan Mackrill said...

Yep you are so right, I am on Multiply and Blogger (You can cross blog, nice!!) Its a pain, cos I had loads of good good online buddies there, people who I read and enjoyed, Yahoo suck!

LD said...

I used yahoo pipes to create this

http://myopiclunacy.com/thediaspora

yahoo has a few good things that hopefully the don't end up ferking up.

LD said...

and - you'll never be able to transfer posts to myspace because ... they don't have an api for blogging. neither does yahoo. that's why i hated their blogging platforms.

Missy A said...

well they kinda do its called copy paste. Sheldon cross posts on Blogger, 360 and MySpace all the time
and I've just finished transferring all of Bloggers Anons posts plus what's on the BA website over to Blogger haven't quite finished the BA Blogger page yet tho

Tag cloud