Tuesday, October 9, 2007

what do you know..

what do you know about me?
Did you know I should have a 24 year old son/daughter? They would have turned 24 in August, I lost them after Ash Wednesday (see below)
Should have a 5 year old too but thanks to my x husband I do not
Did you know I had a lump removed from my right breast when I was 17? Size of a golf ball, it wasn't cancerous but afterwards I ended up in hospital again with a skin rash would you believe caused by the bandages ..I'm allergic to a adhesive bandage named Leukoplast.
Did you know I rolled my mothers car when I was 18 ? Wore a neck brace for six weeks and have had back and neck problems ever since, its the cause of my headaches.
Did you know I'm an Ash Wednesday survivor? The fire completely surrounded us, we drove through flames and smoke that day, our house was saved only because it was surrounded on two sides by roads and the other two sides by orchards with the sprinklers going

When I was 4 I fell asleep at church youth group I'd gone with my brother and sister (teenagers at the time) and my cousin who is one month older than me I was supposed to go home with my cousin but I fell asleep instead. I woke up at the door of my parents house after being driven home by the priest, I knew youth group hadn't finished because of the time, I could tell because of the TV and what was showing on it.
I also remember arguing with my parents as they said that youth group had finished and that's why the priest brought me home. I was four years old and should have been brought home by my aunt with my cousin (my brother and sister where teenagers they got to stay longer) but I didn't I was brought home by the priest.
I can remember the back seat of the car, the vinyl was cold. I can remember seeing myself at the door next to the priest like I was looking out of the house, I dream it, re live it go through everything have done since I was four years old.
I haven't ever fallen asleep like that since, I can only sleep if I'm wrapped up and feel safe I'm always last to go to bed I find it difficult go to sleep if someone else is awake
This particular thing has been following me around since I was four years old and you wonder why I startle so easily.

These particular things I have never blogged about before, these are things that you didn't know and now you do

3 comments:

KJ* said...

I didn't know these things about you, Missy Fran. I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to share, and maybe you'll expand on these things at another time. I enjoy reading about your life.

Suz said...

Yes, now we do. I am sorry about the children. I remember being small enough probably five that I couldn't see out of the window when I was in the car. We had a big old car. I also had recurring nightmares when I was small.

Missy A said...

expand? was difficult enough saying them in the first place

My Mum and Dad had a Morris Minor a grey one, I remember the windows being covered in frost when we would leave my aunts house at night and I remember the woman who bought it before we left to come to Australia, she was horrible looking and scared the beejesus out of me I was supposed to be polite and come say hello but wouldn't leave the front door step.
Strange the memories I have from when I was 4

Tag cloud