Thursday, May 24, 2007

being funny is hard work

You know sometimes I feel like its hard work
See I get on in the morning and load my iGoogle so I can read peoples Blogger posts, then I load up MySpace and the Forum site I moderate then Yahoo mail, then I check 360 and Bloggers Anonymous amazingly today no add requests for the group only for the blog, don't know where those came from either they aren't in the group probably from blasts get a lot like that they have no idea how to favoritize someone or how to read a blog post link they just send an add request and you never see them again even if you do add them I could go on about 360 and the so called "social networking" but I won't ...haven't got a roll of TP for a list.

Back to subject ..it feels like hard work it really does I've been running BA (the group) since July last year and you know I reject more than I approve 4/5 don't get in, theres only 423 members then again it's nicer like that anyway and I only did it for a joke that's what gets me the whole thing is a joke its not real ok so BA helps people out with blogging ideas and fun things but it's not serious and people think it is, its actually quite unbelievable that people take BA seriously .. no sense of humour some people I swear and that's whats such hard work they won't flipping laugh they just don't "get" it
Take Jesus (check the Blogger friends listing) now he's funny and really I don't think he's really Jesus I know that, you know that but can you imagine him on 360 OMG! He would be taken seriously there would be people asking him things and taking it not with a pinch of salt and tounge in cheek but serious!
Thats why I have to be so carefull with the posts I write for BA I know there are people who correct spelling, typos and just cannot see thats it's ment to be that way (I typo on porpose didn't you know **wink**) and that its ment to be funny

It's hard work being funny it really is and I'm not getting the time to think about things either see no comedian in this word does things off the top of his/her head its all thought about before hand the timing the wording is all done before hand it looks spontainious but it really isn't and seriously I've run out of jokes I should be writing short stories as well haven't done one for ages but its just not there any more it's all so very hard

5 comments:

g said...

My goodness! People at 360 take everything seriously.

Did you see George W. Bush's 360 profile? You should read the comments. They're too serious, the blog's humour is sometimes lost... (now where is that guy's url?) He even has a funny playlist. :D

I'm just amused. What I don't like is the freaking drama look-at-me-I-need-attention people and the look-at-me-I-need-a-date-so-badly people. Oh yeah, try saying that there and you'll surely get some deleting action going on. ;D Too serious, I tell you.

Oh yeah, keep the pages up. (Although I can imagine how nerve-wracking that could be sometimes.) It would be interesting to see how some personalities there develop through your eyes. :D

And unlike the blogsnobs there, everybody loves Jesus! And everybody is Jesus' friend! ^_^

Missy A said...

Jorge went back to being Jorge himself, he posted why he did the Gorge Bush persona and why he's gone back to being himself the guy is actually really sweet but even though he was only being Bush some where paying it out and yes they really did think the blog page was done by George Bush.
I've got some on BA who won't let it see blogs because they have gotten that parnoid that somone isn't who they say they are that they won't let the specialty pages see posts. Unfortunatly there are too many on Yahoo who aren't who aren't who they say they are (liers and scum) that even the "personality" blogs that are created are shunned because of the paranoia

g said...

I remember in 2003 Friendster (they were huge then, yes?) deleted the "Fakesters" and the people who made profiles for their pets (and matched them). It turned out to be a bad decision 'cause everyone went to MySpace soon after, where it's more democratic.

Say hi to GWB for me, Missy. He might as well open a fun blog elsewhere. *winks*

Alissa said...

OMG! I know! I can't use my humor on 360 except with a few friends that know how to read me, because I'm always afraid that people are going to be offended at what I'm saying and that's not what I'm going for, but I have a lot of sarcasm to give and no one to give it too.

josie2shoes said...

People who have no sense of humor or can't see the clever intent are pathetically rigid and dull. How did you guys ever put up with that shit in 360?!

Tag cloud