Monday, May 14, 2007

Punishable by death

I've been slack, not posted anything at all here since the 11th and it's now the 15th that's punishable by death isn't it?
Here on Blogger??? No I can post when I want and if people read it they read it, they can't delete me for not posting because well they can't add me to a friends list if they don't wanna read they just don't read simple
If they want to read my posts they can and if they don't want to read it's not my problem
See here I have this freedom I'm not having to compete with the attention of others just to get my posts seen I don't have to shout "look at me" or post blasts continuously, here this is me if people read they read (and I know they do..you lurkers you)
I'm no attention hoare (did I spell that right? Probably not)
I don't have to think of the next fantastic post or the most "ranty" to vie for peoples attention I don't care if I get 100 comments or zero I don't care any more
Here I can be me, writing for me not blogging for the readership but blogging for me I'm not competing for page views, not having to comment on 360 milllion other blogs before I write anything of my own otherwize no one reads mine, here I don't care.
I'm writing for me
writing or blogging how it should be

6 comments:

josie2shoes said...

Amen, sister! When writing becomes a requirement rather than an outlet for personal expression, all the fun and creativity are lost. I love it here. If people read what I write, great... if they don't, it doesn't matter. I do it for me. The thing is, the more we write from the heart instead of worrying about the audience, the more people are drawn to it, because it is real.

Missy A said...

Josie I do read yours everyday got you in my Google reader along with Dana, sometimes I have to read 3 at once though .. as I get behind I am well ....
constantly interupted LoL

WebbyJo said...

I hate the blasts -- particularly the ones with the constant use of the word «whore». It is very rare that a blast actually has something to say.

Your last paragraph is so true. Now, that I've started learning Photoshop...that is so fun and I'm wayy behind in commenting. That really shows in my comments section too.

josie2shoes said...

I appreciate you checking in on my ramblings, Missy! I have a handful of friends that subscribe by reader or email, and I compulsively check my links list at least a couple times daily, to see what my favorite bloggers have added to theirs. I'm glad you're finding this a welcoming place, compared to 360!

Alissa said...

Good for you Missy! I hate the dynamic that has become 360. It's not the same as it was, and it's not fun anymore. I'm glad that you have found somewhere you can be you again.

Missy A said...

You know if I had found Blogger years ago ...then again if I had I would never have found the people here
I have met some great people via 360, some numnut ones as well but there are some terrific ones

Tag cloud