Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Easier??

Easier?
Can't possibly be easier can it ?
I'm the laziest person really if I can find an easy way to do something I will but even if its a right royal PITA I'll go at it till I get it, work out how to do it and show others how as well because that's how I am, if I can inform people how things work I will and I have been showing, telling and teaching people how to use an extremly simple basic blog site like 360 for years and thats just it 360 is simple and a pale copy of Blogger and MySpace the problem is when they set up 360 they didn't look at all the other blog sites to see how they worked what people wanted, really they didn't look they just said "hey we gotta do this blog thing, we will loose money if we don't" shoved a blog on a page and said here you go we are giving everyone on Yahoo one even if you don't want it you got it but you work it out, we know it don't work properly half the time but we are keeping the Beta label on it because we just haven't bothered looking at the other blog sites and really we are just in it for the money
I used to love 360 love the simplicity of it but really even Imeem with its photo uploading, video and music and blogging all in one even though its fairly new just walks all over Yahoo 360 because they looked at what people wanted before they released the thing!

Of course its easier here on Blogger this place knows what people want they have had a blogging site running for years YEARS! Of course its easier to insert pictures
Click on the insert picture link/icon and add as many from your computer or Photobucket or Flickr where ever you got them you can add them, you can put them on the side in the middle where ever you want no html no copy paste no messing around and no uploading to another site its easy!
Just watch gifs though it will insert as many as there are frames for that gif but statics no problem
Anyone can comment here they do NOT need an account
Comments can be moderated
You can put what ever you want on the sides of your blog page you want flashy gifs on the sides have them, links put them there, a clock, readers, RSS feeders basically anything you want
You can write a post and save it for later (save as draft)
Someone else can write posts on a blog (permissions-blog authors)
You can have as many blogs under the same profile as you want
If I wanted to restrict access to this blog I can (choose blog readers)
Blogger knows what its doing its been doing this for years they listen they update they tell people what is going on

If Blogger had been in this format years ago (unlike Y 360 Blogger is out of Beta) I would never have bothered with 360 but then again there are a few who I would never have met and who I really love
One day 360 will get of its lazier than my own backside and get its act together untill then I'm sticking with Blogger, MySpace and Imeem

4 comments:

WebbyJo said...

G'Day,
I agree with all of the above. There are a few things I would like to add. Here, in Blogger.com, they used to have a feature that disappeared when they merged the whole thing with the Google-accounts: Namely, the interests you had listed used to be clickable/searchable. Let's say I had listed DUCKS as my interest. I could then click the word and find all bloggeroos interested in ducks. Hope they'll put it back. Y360 used to have the same function but it disappeared there too?!

About Y360: As we've said before, nothing has happened since Ernie left. Personally I think something is going on behind the scenes that we don't know of...either if they'll shut it down or totally revamp it. That's just a feeling that I have.

Carol wrote in her personal blog about security issues instead of the product blog?! She even brought up the Ignore feature (which is totally defunct).

I used to believe that Yahoo had one helluva good concept there and it had a sense of community -- now I'm not so sure anymore but I haven't entirely lost hope. Mainly because I don't want to :)

WebbyJo said...

Here...
Link

Missy A said...

Oh yes I see, why take over facebook when they have 360?
Facebook is what 360 was like 2 years ago
but really though that article has said the same as I have and if the guy who is in charge of social networking at yahoo doesn't even mention 360 what hope has it got don't think they will shut it probably forget thats its even there and leave everyone hanging.

btw You can still search ducks but you have to type it in

WebbyJo said...

Yes, but the results are different. Before you got everyone who had listed for example ducks as an interest. Now you get everyone who has mentioned duck.

You could click on each of your favorite movies to see who liked that particular film. That doesn't work anymore...at least not the same way.

Tag cloud