Wednesday, May 30, 2007

writing and cars

You know I have another place here for my shorts and I haven't written one since *shock horror* the 7th of May
Everytime I start I'm interupted no kidding is so annoying, anyway as I can't get Baby computer to "talk" to this one now arrgh networking between XP and ME is a b*tch, I've had to save what I've done on Yahoo mail notepad that way at least I can go sit in the dining room on Baby and do more than 4 sentances of a short story and I can post it from Baby
Now my mail is going off yup yup thanks I know I have a comment on the last blog here I posted that one thank you ..why it tells you YOU have posted I don't know

Anyway today same as yesterday we have to fiddle around with the car, here in NSW you have to get your car checked to see if its roadworthy and of course mine isn't is it hasn't been for 2 months, we went and did shopping put petrol and air in the tires and bang no brakes, got the car home but haven't been able to get anyone to even look at the dang thing for 2 bloomin months now it's up for rego on the 10th of June and theres this big panic isn't there
It needs a new hose from the brake cylinder thats where all the fluid is leaking from, no fluid no brakes of course.
Now yesterday it was soppossed to go down the garage but it wouldn't start would it oh no, silly car cracked a sh*t because I've been driving another car battery was flat as a tack, it wasn't the other day but someone left the door open when they where looking at it didn't they. Same agravating cousin who thinks he knows everything but doesn't and doesn't listen to a word you say but he was the only one who's bothered to look at the car, I do know about cars. I told him it was the hose to the brake light but oh no I'm wrong can't be that of course now he's saying he knew what it was and the offending broken hose is the one to the brake light arrgh . He recons The Sims wont play on Baby either but it does ...so ner ner!
This is why I can't write yesterday was car, today is car but he only has one car and his wife is using it so we have to wait around till wife comes home so he can come here, drive my car down to garage so it can be checked by someone who knows what they are doing and I can follow in white car that I've been using, if you are wondering Adrian doesn't drive won't drive total PITA that is. I didn't take my car down to the garage myself because I had no idea why it didn't have brakes there was no way I was taking it out on the road without brakes even though it does have handbrake (parking brake)
Poor old car its 23 years old, no personality at all well ok some it did get jelous over the white car but its no where near the personality of my Renault that I had
If I start writing on my short story he will be here as soon as I start
----- 15 minutes later (see told you)
Ok car is now down garage, mechanic wasnt there but car is there waiting to be seen, think its one of many, now we wait for him to call us and say what is wrong and how much (ouch too much probably) but it has to be done or it doesn't get back on the road

2 comments:

josie2shoes said...

Ooh, I hate dealing with cars, it's always expensive. Glad you're working on a new short story..I enjoy them! :-)

Missy A said...

Did manage to get a few pages written earlier on today still have to clean it up a bit though, Baby doesn't like me typing too fast ..or maybe its the keyboard I'm using but its terrible for typos

Tag cloud