Thursday, May 10, 2007

Who am I?



A blog topic brought to you by Jeepers
My name is Missy A, subject to change but most times Missy A … A for Anything? No A for Angel only the angel part attracts men of middle eastern origin for some reason so seeing as I don’t need an oil rich guy from AOE I try not to use the Angel part
My real name is Fran or Frances and no I’m not telling my married last name or my maiden name either
My home is in Australia, lived here for 35 years yet I can’t get an Australian passport or vote because I wasn’t born after 20 August 1986 or turned 18 before 1984 (“missed it by that much” –Maxwell Smart) I turned 18 on July 4th ‘85
I can and do make animations and Photoshop up pictures for people
I can do PC help and I have the paperwork to prove it, even though I didn’t touch a computer till I was in my 30’s as all the computers I’d come in contact with before that where cumbersome huge things that seemed to do nothing, I now have a certificate in IT.
I can now rip the guts out of a computer and put it all back together and do spreadsheets and databases and make little programmes.
I can’t do math at all, have to get out the calculator or use my fingers to add 2 and 2 together
I have 2 children one boy (19) one girl (17) they both live with their father in South Australia over 1000 ks away
I’ve done dog training classes with my little dog Linda and won prizes in dog obedience, well ok the dog won the prizes but I did the training I even trained the cat to sit and stay and speak … did you know cats can speak? They can they can say meeeeet and meeeeout.
I’ve sold Avon, worked picking grapes and worked as volunteer at a Community Center where I received a recognition award from the Governor of South Australia in the field of women’s help groups and ran the Op Shop or 2nd hand shop
I learned to weld and do woodwork at school and to drive a tractor, I can’t ride a motorbike but I can ride a horse and I can ice skate and roller blade just don’t ask me to roller-skate I fall over
It says bi on my MySpace not because I’m bipolar but because I am bi, funny thing is it’s always guys who try and chat me up, sorry fellas (no Word spell checker not fleas, fellas) but really you have no chance.
I wrote and ran the local newsletter for the town I lived in for 3 years, totally by myself I wrote articles, printed and collated, folded and collected money for donations and advertising and of course placed piles of the newsletter in shops and businesses every month and didn’t get paid a single cent.
I love to cook but hate washing dishes
My plants grow easily I can grow things just by looking at them
Most times I have 4 web pages open, one on 360° one for MySpace, another on Blogger/Google and one on another Forum site, sometimes even Imeem or Facebook but I don’t like Facebook that much
Sometimes I write bad poetry
Sometimes I find things difficult to remember, I need a re-caller, a mechanism to help me remember or I’ll just walk off into the kitchen and remember by the time I’ve come back.
So don’t ask me who wrote that song or starred in what movie because even though I’ve heard it or watched it I just can’t remember.
My eyes are green; my hair is long and streaked with grey
And you can call me Missy A
(I told you I wrote bad poetry)

1 comment:

josie2shoes said...

Ooh, I loved this Missy! Talk about a Renaissance person - not much you haven't done or tried, and all things I admire! I really enjoyed the bio. LOL at fellas/fleas - close enough I think. :-) And yes, I know that cats can talk. I have one who is now 11, but with the attitude of a perpetual teenager, has sassed back since very young in no uncertain terms. And if you ask "Do you want to go outside?" He'll let go with a string of reply. Greets me in cat talk too! It sounds to me like you've got a lot going for you, and I hope you can find a way to build some happiness into that. It's what I'm working on in my life too.

Tag cloud